To be eligible for admission to the MBA Programme, a candidate must normally:
- Be at least 25 years of age.
- Be a holder of at least a second-class degree or its equivalent awarded by Midlands State University or any other recognized institution.
- Be a holder of a third class degree or its equivalent and may be admitted only after providing evidence of academic maturity in the field of study as shall be judged by Faculty Post Graduate Studies Committee.
- Be required to provide two references from reputable people certifying their ability and suitability to undertake the programme successfully.
- Have at least two (2) years relevant working experience.
- Undergo an interviewing process that shall be concluded by the Faculty Post Graduate Studies Committee.
The MBA Programme shall normally be studied over a minimum period of two academic levels, on a full time basis.
There shall be two, two week Block Sessions per semester and each module shall be taught for a total of 48 contact hours except for elective modules which shall be taught for at least 36 contact hours.
The dissertation shall, on its own constitute the second semester of level two.
- Each candidate is required to submit a dissertation of approximately 20 000 words on a topic relating to his/her area of managerial interest and approved in writing by the dissertation supervisor.
- Candidates shall be required to submit three hard bound copies of dissertation, one of which shall be deposited in the University Library, the other shall be submitted to the GSBL Office and the last copy should be returned to the student.
- The format for the dissertation shall be provided by the GSBL Office.
- Fees for the MBA programme shall be determined by the University Fees Revision Committee from time to time.
- Fees shall be paid per semester.
- Evaluation of students shall normally be based on continuous assessment as well as formal examinations that are held at the end of each semester.
- Continuous Assessment shall account for 30% of the overall assessment.
- Final examination shall account for 70% of the overall assessment.
- Items that should constitute the continuous assessment, and the weighting attached to each item, shall depend on the module in question.
- With the exception of dissertation, sessional examination shall be conducted in all modules.
- To be admitted for examinations, a candidate must: Be a registered student of the University in accordance with the General Postgraduate Regulations.
- Have satisfactorily attended and completed the approved modules of study. Satisfactory completion of modules shall require submission of all written assignments and tests and any other work that constitutes the continuous assessment.
PROVISIONS FOR PROGRESSION
The Faculty Post Graduate Studies Board of Examiners shall meet at the end of each semester to ratify the marks obtained by candidates. A student shall progress automatically from one level to the other even carrying the modules from the previous level.
FAILURE TO SATISFY THE EXAMINERS
A candidate who fails to satisfy the examiners in terms of the Masters in Business Administration Regulations, read in conjunction with the General Post Graduate Regulations, may be required to; Retake module(s) failed in a previous semester .Retake Students may, subject to the approval of the senate, be allowed to redo module(s) that they would have failed in the previous semester
REMARKING OF EXAMINATIONS
No requests for remarks of examinations shall be entertained unless Senate directs such requests. However, a student who has been given a withdraw decision may appeal against such a decision to the Registrar, in writing, within 21 days after the publication of Examination results.
Graduate School of Business Leadership
Midlands State University
Tel +263 54 260409 / +263 54 260450/ +263 54 260667 ext 251