FACULTY OF ARTS
To be a unique, development-oriented, pace-setting and stakeholders driven University that produces innovative and enterprising graduates.
- Commitment to a culture of problem solving through quality research, teaching and training by means of flexible packaging, work related learning and strategic partnerships with the University’s stakeholders for the immediate and ultimate benefit of humanity;
- Commitment to improve the performance of the economy through the promotion of managerial skills and generation, dissemination and application of knowledge;
- Commitment to the recruitment, motivation and retention of staff in an environment of a caring institution;
- Commitment to the use of Information Communication Technology (ICT) and the virtual classroom, as principal teaching and training modes of delivery and research;
- Commitment to gender equality and equity in student admissions and staff recruitment policies;
- Commitment to enhance the quality of people’s lives through new ideas and skills for sustainable utilization of resources; and
- Commitment to promotion of quality research through both taught and research post graduate studies as means of generating new knowledge.
- Driven by honesty, integrity, hard work and passion for excellence tempered by self discipline and care for others;
- Driven by sensitivity to gender equality and equity, needs of the disadvantaged, African culture and devotion to self-sufficiency and professionalism.