FACULTY OF EDUCATION
To be a unique, development-oriented, pace-setting and stakeholders driven University that produces innovative and enterprising graduates.
- Commitment to a culture of problem solving through quality research, teaching and training by means of flexible packaging, work related learning and strategic partnerships with the University’s stakeholders for the immediate and ultimate benefit of humanity;
- Commitment to improve the performance of the economy through the promotion of managerial skills and generation, dissemination and application of knowledge;
- Commitment to the recruitment, motivation and retention of staff in an environment of a caring institution;
- Commitment to the use of Information Communication Technology (ICT) and the virtual classroom, as principal teaching and training modes of delivery and research;
- Commitment to gender equality and equity in student admissions and staff recruitment policies;
- Commitment to enhance the quality of people’s lives through new ideas and skills for sustainable utilization of resources; and
- Commitment to promotion of quality research through both taught and research post graduate studies as means of generating new knowledge.
- Driven by honesty, integrity, hard work and passion for excellence tempered by self discipline and care for others;
- Driven by sensitivity to gender equality and equity, needs of the disadvantaged, African culture and devotion to self-sufficiency and professionalism.
The Faculty of Education currently consists of five departments viz:
- Department of Applied Education
- Department of Educational Foundations, Management and Curriculum Studies
- Department of Educational Technology
- Department of Gender Studies
- Department of Adult Education
The Faculty offers both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes including doctoral degrees. Details of the programmes are found under the relevant departments.
Through these programmes, the Faculty aims to be a centre of excellence in producing human resources for schools, tertiary institutions and any other education related fields.
Executive Dean: Professor A. S Chiromo (Cert Ed, BEd (Biology), MEd (Tr Ed), UZ
Faculty Administrator Ms. E. Taderera BSc PolAd (Hons) (UZ)
Chief Secretary Mrs L.K Magutsa
Senior Secretary Ms. E. Magwegwe
The Executive Dean
Faculty of Education
Midlands State University
P Bag 9055
Tel (263) 054 260331
Fax (263) 054 260 233
E mail: email@example.com