FROM: SENIOR ECUMENICAL CHAPLAIN
DATE: TUESDAY 28 AUGUST 2012
VENUE: GREAT HALL
TIME: 1100 HRS – 1330HRS
THE PURPOSE OF THE CHURCH SERVICE IS TO:
- DEDICATE BEFORE GOD THE BEGINNING OF THE SEMESTER
- WELCOME THE NEW STUDENTS, AUGUST 2012 LEVEL 1.1 INTAKE.
- TO MEMORIALISE THE LIVES OF THE FOLLOWING STUDENTS AND STAFF MEMBERS WHO PASSED ON BETWEEN MARCH 2012 AND AUGUST 2012.
- Mr Rangarirai Zengeya, died on the 6th of April 2012 in Gweru and was buried on the 8th of April 2012 in Bikita, Masvingo. He was a Painter in the Department of Works and Estates
- Mr. Partson Kutyauripo, the University Bursar, died at Claybank Hospital in Gweru on Friday 20 April 2012 and was buried in Harare on Sunday 22 April 2012.
- Ms Chengetai Shava, died on 16th of July 2012 in Gweru and was buried on the 18th of July at Zvamatohwe in Mberengwa. She worked as a Cashier in the Bursar’s Office.
- Mr Chakanetsa Chimbira, died on the 16th of July 2012 and was buried on the 18th of July 2012 in Mutoko. Mr Chimbira was a Lecturer in the Livestock Department.
- Nyasha Madoda, died on the 24 February 2012 and was buried on the 26th of February 2012. Nyasha was studying Business Management and was in level 1:2
- Siphiwo Zikhali, died on the 24th of March 2012 and was buried on the 27th of March 2012. She was a visiting student in level 2:2 studying Psychology.
- Tawanda Masocha, died on the 10th of April 2012 in Harare and was buried in Masvingo. He was a B.Ed Honours Geography student in level 4:2.
- Seth N Dimingo, died on the 14th of April 2012 in Gweru and was buried on the 16th of April 2012 in Gweru. Seth was in level 1:1 Local Governance.
- Pauline Mudehwe, died on the 20th of April 2012 after experiencing an accident on her way to the Main Campus for lectures. She was buried on the 2nd of May 2012. Pauline was studying Development Studies and was in level 1:1.
- Concell Machisa, died on the 1st of June 2012 after she was knocked down by a car and she was buried on the 3rd of June 2012 in Gokwe. She was a level 3:2 student studying Food Science.
- Daphine Phiri, died on the 9th of July 2012 and was buried on the 11th of July 2012 in Kwekwe. She was studying Chemical Technology and was in level 3:2.
- Providence Mukungurutse, died in July 2012 in Gweru. She was in level 3:2 studying Information Systems.
- Prosper Murambi, died on the 1st of August 2012 in a car accident in Chivhu and was buried on the 3rd of August 2012. Prosper was studying Media and Society Studies and was in level 4:2.
- Roselyn Zvirikuzhe, died on the 2nd of August 2012 in Gweru and was buried on the 4th of August 2012. She was studying Development Studies and was in level 1:2.
- Itai Njenge, died on the 3rd of August 2012. Itai was hit by a car while at a bus stop. It is understood that 5 people died on the spot. Itai was buried on the 6th of August 2012. She was studying Psychology and was in level 2:2
- Patrick Mamire, died on the 10th of August 2012 and was buried in Harare. He was studying Media and Society Studies and was in level 1:1.
We invite the Students, Staff, Family members of the deceased and Pastors to attend this important service.