Division of Student Affairs
To be unique, pace setting in Student Development Programme in Zimbabwe. The Division will constantly strive to be supportive of students by being an effective accountable and people friendly organization, committed to promoting and supporting ethical behaviour on campus.
Commitment to the creation of an environment conducive to the HOLISTIC DEVELOPMENT of students, developing meaningful programmes and services in response to students’ needs and problems and contributing in a meaningful and pro-active manner to the ever changing process at MSU.
- Student Affairs practitioners are educators
- Student Education is paramount
- Learning is contextual and is influenced by a wide range of individual and environmental factors.
- Strive to enhance the needs of the disadvantaged.
- Strive to be sensitive to gender equity.
- Enhance the quality of life of students so as to bring about their individual total growth.
- High standards must be maintained.
- Total involvement of students in their student affairs is crucial.
- Partnership between Student Affairs professionals, students, academics and administrators is important for the educational mission of the University, and its other successors.
Creating learning environments and learning experiences outside the classroom has always been at the heart of our Student Affairs work.