DEPARTMENT OF SPORTS AND RECREATION
To be responsible, progressive, vibrant and outstanding Sports Department that promotes growth, health and unity through organized physical activities for both staff and students.
* Commitment to promotion of player growth through facilitating training by knowledgeable coaches and participation in competitions locally, nationally, regionally, and internationally.
* Commitment to promotion of a culture of sport through inter-residence, inter-faculty and inter-level competitions.
* Commitment to promotion of health of staff and students through programmes of health and fitness.
* Commitment to continuous expansion of sporting bases for wider participation by both staff and students.
* Commitment to the promotion of the Olympic ideal regarding participation by all without discrimination of any sort.